A personal perspective.

I am a writer by profession and by passion, but first and foremost, I am a devoted reader. I enjoy reading novels of different kinds, but romantic books have a special place in my heart! Roopesh Kumar's brilliantly authored 'I'm an Average Looking Boy... Will You Be My Girlfriend?’  is one such story. In 2016, he made his debut with this book, which became a best-seller!
 
You may not be drawn to this book at first glance, but the synopsis on the back cover will pique your interest. And believe me when I say that you should not judge this book by its cover  because the plot is simple yet wonderful. He understands how to tell a compelling story in simple language. It's not like the typical love novels we see; there aren't many dramatic twists and no major gestures; instead, it's all about how simple, everyday actions matter. It gently reminds us that the small, unimportant moments are valuable and special, and we should treasure them before they are lost.
 
It's a new-age college love story, and while it is a little cliché and stupid, aren't love stories intended to be? The characters are two ordinary people: Dibisha, a lovely, gentle girl, and Vidoy, a hardworking but average-looking young man. They are real people to whom we can relate.
 
It's not just about love and relationships; it's also about growth, friendship, college life, two types of parents, pain, being strong while also being weak, enlightenment, small moments in life, laughing and crying together, it's purity; it's wholesome! It's not about being perfect; it's about embracing and loving someone as they are. All of this allows us to identify with the characters' agony, envision the scenarios, and feel their emotions.
 
Yes, there is a plot twist, but I believe it adds to the book's intrigue. The book teaches us that things don't always go as planned, and it's okay to be disappointed and influenced by it; instead of giving up, seek help if necessary. And the more you read it, the more you'll enjoy it.
 
I've read this book several times and can recall each scenario from memory, and I can confidently say that it has increased my faith in true love. I'd recommend it to anyone who appreciates realistic love stories.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Difference Between: Creative Writing vs. Content Writing vs. Copywriting

The Power Our Words Have